Readers, it seems, like to share about what they are reading and what they have read, even keeping lists and records. The Internet has made these endeavors even more enticing with personal online libraries like Library Thing and Shelfari. Recently I discovered another simpler way to share with other readers. It is Friday Reads, a project of The WETA Book Studio. Each Friday readers use Twitter to share what they are reading. All the tweets are collected into a list, providing the opportunity to share about books and obtain ideas about what you might like to read next. To participate in Friday Reads you just need a Twitter account. Then on Friday tweet about your current read, adding the hash tag #fridayreads at the end of your post. It will look, for example, like this: LL: Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens (for the second time) #fridayreads. Of course some people are more twitterative – debra46: 100 pages shy of finishing Until I Find You - Irving and 2/3 of the way through The Ultimate Happiness Prescription - Chopra #fridayreads. If you don’t want to tweet, you can simply read the posts anytime on Friday Reads .
Susan Ujka Larson, Fairfax County Public Library
Friday, January 15, 2010
On Fridays, Share What You're Reading
Labels:
Book Studio,
Friday Reads,
library thing,
Shelfari,
Twitter,
WETA
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love Friday Reads! I've written #fridayreads on my calendar for every Friday as a reminder to submit the title I'm currently reading and take a look at what others are reading. Thank you for sharing.
Post a Comment